Check back often - I'm always writing something new about Fell Ponies!
Observations - Past and Present
My first set of observations on the Fell Pony breed ended up in my book Fell Ponies: Observations on the Breed, the Breed Standard, and Breeding, available internationally by clicking here or by clicking on the cover image. A video about the book is available by clicking here.
The observations shared here are new since that book and will eventually appear in Volume 2.
Just as in my first Observations book, I divide my writings into three sections below:
- About the Breed
- About the Breed Standard and
- About Breeding.
If you have a question, please fill out the form at right!
About the Breed
Click on the title to learn more.
- Slow Sleddales/Maturity
- The Fell Pony Enclosure Scheme and a Narrow Gene Pool
- A Fell Pony Trot
- Mountain Hero II
- Footing Sense 4 and Footing Sense 5
- The Galloway as a Hobby Horse
- The Fell Pony as a Unique Driving Partner
- Mental Maturity in Fell Ponies
- A Cautionary Tale for Fell Pony Stewards from the Thoroughbred
- Dynamic Tension 2 (Market forces vs. type)
- Fells on the fells (and how they're endangered there)
- Wellbrow Stud Open Day
- Packhorse Bridges 2
- A Family Pony
- The Fell Pony's Greatest Asset